You are hereLEARN SERBIAN
Facts about Serbian language
Serbian is a South Slavic language, spoken chiefly in Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina (countries created from former Yugoslavia), and in diaspora. It is also among recognized languages in Romania, Republic of Macedonia and Hungary. It is estimated that there are approximately 12 million speakers of Serbian worldwide.
While recognizing the countries of Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina as separate, independent states, the language has split into three separate standard languages: Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian.
Most of the European linguists from outside the Balkans still regard the this languages as just one language — the Serbo - Croatian (Srpskohrvatski, Hrvatskosrpski, Cyrillic script: Cрпскохрватски, Xрватскосрпски). An alternative name has emerged – Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian - BCS (Bosanski / Hrvatski / Srpski). However, all of these standards continue to be based on the same basic dialect type. Users of the current webliography are encouraged, as is the Academic norm, to treat BCS as one language.
Material and method
Our Serbian courses are highly personalised and designed to improve your Serbian communication skills depending on your objectives. Ranging from an intensive small group to one-to-one lessons, we can provide you with a language course that meets your requirement. We give lessons in Brussels, Antwerp and Leuven.
We use method and material of the Institute for foreign languages in Belgrade, which is the oldest and largest institution of its kind in the country. Course books, dictionaries and other teaching materials published by the institute are used in many faculties and universities worldwide where Serbian is taught as a foreign language.
Key areas covered in all our Serbian courses include:
- Spoken fluency
- Listening skills
- Pronunciation and accent
- Reading skills
- Telephone skills in Serbian
- Email skills in Serbian
- Sector-specific terminology
- Presentation & negotiation skills
- Highly educated and professional staff
- Levels adapted to age and interest
- Small groups
- Tailor made courses
- Effective teaching methods
- Teaching material developed and adapted to our specific needs
Who should attend
- Anyone doing business with Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia or Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Business professionals conducting business regularly with Serbian speakers who wish to build rapport and strengthen relationships by attending an Serbian course
- Anyone planning to relocate to a Serbian-speaking region and wishing to attend an Serbian course in order to prepare in advance for their assignment
- Government and non-governmental agency representatives working in a Serbian-speaking region who need to be able to communicate at all levels